Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Treasure Coast Musicians, Fans and Friends say Goodbye to Brian Coke...

This post is important to me because this is also my tribute to Brian.  Brian and I were a couple a few years back.  It was the best of times and oh yes, the very worst of times.  It was drama that could rival any soap opera.  That is what you get when you are coupled with an extremely talented and troubled artist.  I can hardly remember a time when I had so much fun with someone.  Brian liked to live fully.  Everything he did, he did with gusto.  I loved being a groupie and being on hand at all the gigs that Hwy 41  played.
Then it got real.  I knew Brian had problems and health concerns.  However, I was one of those women who thought I was in that relationship to fix this almost broken man.  Wrong answer.  So, close the book on another romantic relationship.
After we split I did not see him for a long time.  He was in and out of trying to get himself clean and sober and create some appearance of a normal life.  We connected again briefly a couple of years later.  But "The Thrill Was Gone!"
Anyway enough about that.  Brian, I know you will be missed for a very long time by so many.  You will always be in my heart.  And Brian, Scarlett says Goodbye, too!

Last evening's Farewell party at Riverside Cafe was a wonderful tribute to the life of this enigmatic man.  Riverside Cafe was alive with the best music...it was absolutely priceless.  I did get some video of the Hwy 41 band members joined by Stoney of Stoney and the House Rockers.  I will post that video on my facebook profile.
Enough of me...here are some pictures.

Jeannie Blatus and Leo Burke are the popular duo, Sleepin' Dogz.  Jeannie is now painting pet portraits, too.






Marla Antonino is all about beauty!  She is a master stylist at Synergy Salon on 14th Ave. in Downtown Vero.  She is also a Sene-Chick!  Stop by Synergy if you want to know what that is.  You will be more than pleasantly surprised.

Photo Tribute to Brian Coke, The man, the musician, and good friend to many.  Certainly the love of Miss Patti's life. 
Last night's tribute really showed how much Brian will be missed.



















Ian Greenwood (right), Owner of The French Quarter restaurant on 14th Ave. Downtown, pictured here with pals George and Pete.  Hwy 41 would play frequently at Cafe Caribe, then owned by Ian.  That was where I first met Brian, while I was enjoying an evening out and dancing with my friend Helen Murray.
...And the Bands played on...



 
 

The purpose for this party was to help to raise funds to help Brian's fiance, Patti Leatherwood with final expenses.  If you would like to help, contact Riverside Cafe at 234-5550 and ask for Jimmy Hayes.

Thank you to all who participated from me.  I am so grateful to live in a city where everyone helps everyone...just because they can!

No comments:

Post a Comment